This recipe is from my mother in law. But instead of using chicken, I experimented on using pork spare ribs and result is amazing! Take note that you must cook this using slow heat. This recipe easily burns because of the sugar. Try this out. You will surely love it!
Watch the video below for full instructions. Subscribe to our YouTube Channel to get updated with our latest recipes. Enjoy!
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- ½ cup tomato ketchup
- 8 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- ½ kg pork ribs
For the marinade:
- Mince the garlic
- Combine garlic, sugar, salt, pepper, ketsup and pork ribs in a bowl. Mix altogether until every piece of pork ribs are covered with sauce.
- Marinate overnight.
- Heat the pan and put some oil. Make sure that you are using very slow heat. It might burn fast because of the sugar.
- Place the marinated pork in the pan including the sauce. Simmer until the pork ribs is tender.
- Once the sauce caramelized, flip the pork for 1-2mins until all the caramelized sauce sticks to the pork.
- Serve with rice and brocolli.