Watch the video below for full instructions. Subscribe to our YouTube Channel to get updated with our latest recipes. Enjoy!
- 1 kg pork belly
- 10 cloves garlic, smashed
- 3 bay leaves (laurel leaves)
- 1 tbsp black pepper
- ½ cup soy sauce
- Salt for tasting
- Oil for frying
- Vinegar or Mang Tomas Lechon Sauce for dipping
- Boil the pork belly in a large pot. Add the garlic, bay leaves, black pepper, soy sauce and a pinch of salt.
- Bring to boil and simmer until super tender. This will take 45-60mins. Pork belly is ready if the skin can be pierced with a fork with no resistance.
- After boiling the pork belly, rest for minimum of 4 hours. You can also put in the fridge to dry up the cooked meat.
- After resting the pork belly, it is ready to be fried. Rub some salt before frying.
- Fill the pan with cooking oil. Deep fry the pork belly in medium to high heat. Be very careful, you may encounter above average oil splatter. (I need to cover mine while cooking due to uncontrollable oil splatter)
- Fry 5-7 mins each side or until the skin turns bubbly and meat color is golden brown.
The result is amazing. Crunchy and flavorful! Enjoy!
Please follow and like us 🙂