I never thought that soaking chicken in milk can make it more tender and juicy so I tried it myself. It is indeed true! I soaked my chicken for 4 hours and the result is amazing. The inside did not dried out and the flavor of the marinade penetrated through the chicken. Try it out yourself, your kids will surely love it. 🙂
Watch the video below for full instructions. and subscribe to our YouTube Channel to get updated with our latest recipes. Enjoy!
- 1/2 kg chicken
- Oil for frying
For the marinade, were going to use
- 1/2 cup fresh milk
- 1/2 tbsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
For the Breading
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 tbsp five spice powder
- 1/2 tbsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp salt
- Combine milk, salt and pepper. Marinate the chicken for minimum of 1 hour. Cover and put in the fridge.
- Prepare the breading. Combine all purpose flour, cornstarch, five spice powder, garlic powder and salt.
- Remove the chicken from the milk. Dredge in breading one at a time. Shake off excess breading.
- Deep fry the chicken in a pan. Cook for 15-20mins until chicken is cooked and skin is golden brown. Enjoy!
Try this recipe and notice the difference.