Last week, I cooked Lechon Kawali in Mang Tomas and my husband loved it! If you got leftover lechon kawali, upgrade it to the next level by making Paksiw. This is a very easy recipe and most of the ingredients can be found in your kitchen. Try this recipe. Your family will surely love it!
Watch the video below for full instructions. and subscribe to our YouTube Channel to get updated with our latest recipes. Enjoy!
Here are the ingredients.
- 1/2 kg leftover lechon kawali
- 2 cups Mang Tomas lechon sauce
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium size onion
- 1 bay leaves (laurel leaves)
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1.5 tbsp vinegar
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- Salt to taste
- ½ cup water
- Heat cooking oil in the pan.
- Saute garlic and onion. Wait for the garlic and onion to brown and fragrant before adding the remaining ingredients.
- Add bay leaf & black pepper. Pour in Mang Tomas lechon sauce and gradually add water.
- Add the sugar and vinegar. Simmer for 3 mins. Add salt to taste.
- Add the lechon kawali and simmer for 5 mins.
- Serve with rice.