This savory and tangy dish will definitely level up your lunch. It is such a simple dish yet so satisfying. My mom cook this when she visited our home and the way she balance the sour, sweet, and salty taste makes shout extra rice please. 🙂
Try this Pampano in Coconut Milk in short “Pampaconut”!
Watch the video below for full instructions. and subscribe to our YouTube Channel to get updated with our latest recipes. Enjoy!
- 1 medium size pampano
- Pechay or bok choy
- 1 medium size Onion
- 4 cloves Garlic
- 1 thumb size Ginger
- 2 tbsp Vinegar
- Salt, pepper & sugar to taste
- Rub salt on the fish and set aside. After 30mins, fry the fish half cooked.
- Remove some of the oil in the pan and saute the onion, garlic and ginger.
- Pour in the coconut milk 2nd extract and add the fish and pechay. Let it boil for 1 min. If you are using pre pack coconut milk, use water on this step.
- Pour in the coconut milk 1st extract or if your pre packed coconut milk, add it on this step.
- Season with salt, pepper & vinegar. Add a bit of sugar to enhance the taste. Simmer for 2 mins.
- Adjust the taste according to your preferred saltiness.