Today, were going to cook Ginisang Upo or Sautéed Bottle Gourd. This is a common vegetable in the Philippines and normally cooked with pork. This is an easy to cook vegetable that your kids will enjoy and if you are on a diet this vegetable dish is for you too. Just cut the pork to reduce the calorie content.
Below is the video tutorial on how to cook Ginisang Upo . Subscribe and like our videos to get updated with our latest recipes! Thank you!
Here are the ingredients
- 700 grams upo
- 250 grams pork
- 50 grams dried shrimp (soak in water for 1 hour then drain)
- 2 bundle miswa
- 1 medium size onion
- 5 cloves garlic
- First, cook the pork in a small amount of water. Once it dried up, add some oil and fry the pork until brown. Boiling the pork before frying adds a nice texture to the pork.
- In the same pan, saute the garlic and onion until they slight turned brown and fragrant, then add the dried shrimp.
- Add the upo. Pour in around 2 L of water and simmer for 3-4 mins until upo becomes soft.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Lastly, add miswa and continue to stir to prevent clamping.
- Serve this dish with rice or indulge on this alone if you are on a diet. Enjoy!