When we are just out of time and idea we head to our cabinets and search for something quick and easy to cook. Voila! You see in your food storage a can of spam waiting to be devoured. Instead of just frying them, why not give them a twist. This quick and easy Caramelized Spam Recipe will level up your ordinary fried spam. This is also good when paired with steamed broccoli because the sweet, salty taste of the spam match the green earthy taste of the veggies.
• 1 can spam, cut into cubes
• ½ cup red bell pepper
• 1 medium size onion
• 2 tsp soy sauce
• 2 tbsp sugar
1. Heat a small amount oil in the pan. Fry the spam until it turned brown.
2. Remove the spam from the pan and saute the onion and red bell pepper for 2-3 mins.
3. Add the soy sauce and sugar. Stir until the mixture caramelized. Cook in low medium heat to not burn the sugar.
4. Immediately add the spam and stir for 1-2 mins until it is fully covered with the sauce.
5. Serve with rice, egg and green veggies. Enjoy!