Max’s Restaurant is one of the most established food chain if the Philippines. They are very popular for their fried chicken serve with banana catsup or worcestershire sauce. But do you know that you can make this fried chicken at home? Skip the hefty price tag and cook this instead. 🙂
• 1 kg whole chicken
• Rock salt
• 3 table spoon fish sauce
• 6 pcs pandan leaves
• 1 tsp black pepper
• Oil for frying
1. Rub rock salt in the chicken flesh and cavity.
2. Tie the pandan leaves into a knot and put it inside the chicken.
3. The next step is to steam the chicken for 25 mins.
4. Remove the chicken from the steamer and let it cool.
5. Once the chicken is cool enough, rub fish sauce and pepper.
6. Heat oil in a pan using medium heat. Deep fry the until lightly brown.
7. Remove the chicken in the pan. Let it cool for 5-10mins.
8. The last step is to double fry the chicken . Reheat the cooking oil but this time in a slightly higher temperature. Deep fry the chicken for 30-45 secs each side to get that golden brown and crispy skin.