Ginataang manok is a hearty Filipino dish that had been a favorite viand in every household. I grew up eating this with papaya and chili leaves. Sometimes chili leaves are not always available so malunggay or kangkong are good substitutes. Here’s our version of Ginataang Manok. I hope you will enjoy my recipe!
Below is the video tutorial on how to cook Ginataang Manok. Subscribe and like our videos to get updated with our latest recipes! Thank you!
- 700 grams chicken
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 medium size onion
- 1 thumb size ginger
- 200 Ml coconut cream
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- 1 pc red chili
- 1pc green chili
- 1tbsp vinegar
1. Heat oil in a pan. Saute the garlic, onion, and ginger.
2. Add the chicken. Cover and cook in medium heat. Just let the chicken to brown a bit and release its juices.
3. Add around 200ml of water and let it boil, then add the papaya. Cover and simmer for 10mins until the papaya is cooked.
4. Pour in the vinegar and coconut cream. Season with salt and pepper. Simmer for 2 mins.
5. Add the green chili and red chili, then add the kangkong and simmer for 1 min.
6. Serve with rice and your good to go!