Sinigang is a popular Filipino dish characterise by its sour taste and lots of vegetables. It can be cooked using shrimp, fish, chicken but the most common is pork. This is a common viand during lunch or dinner.
- 1 kg pork spare ribs
- 1 cup taro or gabi
- 1 cup radish or labanos
- 1 cup eggplant
- 1 bunch of string beans or sitaw
- 1 bunch of kangkong
- 2 large tomatoes
- 6 cloves garlic
- 3 pcs long green chili
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 packs 20 grams sampaloc mix
- Boil the spare ribs in a large pot and add 1.5L of water. Skim the scums when the water is about to boil. Simmer in medium to low heat for 30mins until the pork is tender.
- Add tomatoes and garlic once the pork is tender. Simmer for 5 mins.
- Add taro and cook for 15 mins.
- Add raddish and green chili. Cook for 2-3 mins.
- Add the string beans and eggplants. Simmer for another 3 mins.
- Add sampaloc mix. Season with salt and pepper.
- Lastly, add the kangkong. Simmer for another 30sec.
- Serve with rice. Enjoy!