This dish had been popularized by Max’s Restaurant. Tofu is the star of this dish and its been a hit for Filipino taste buds. If your craving for this dish and Max’s restaurant is out of sight, why not try to cook it. It uses basic ingredients which can be easily found in your local grocery stores.
By the way, we call this “The Guilt-Free Sisig”. 🙂
Watch the video below for full instructions. and subscribe to our YouTube Channel to get updated with our latest recipes. Enjoy!
Here are the ingredients.
- 300 grams tofu
- Bell pepper
- 2 pcs long green chili
- 1 pc medium onion
- 6 cloves garlic
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- ½ tbsp sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp butter
- Prepare the ingredients. Cut the tofu into cubes. Use half of the bell pepper and cut it into smaller cubes. Cut the green chilies same size as the bell pepper.
- Mince the onion and garlic. I crushed my garlic so I can chopped it easily.
- After preparing the ingredients, fry the tofu.
- Set aside the tofu. We will combine it with the rest of the ingredients later.
- Melt the butter in a pan. Saute the garlic and onion. Add in the bell pepper then add the tofu.
- Season with soy sauce and oyster sauce. Add the sugar, salt, and pepper.
- Add the green chilies and mayonnaise. Serve with rice.